Passion is a powerful force! Much can be done and attained when passion is at the helm of motivation. But what if we don’t know what our passion is? How do we discover it?
In my experience there are a few questions to ask yourself when trying to determine your passion.
Give yourself a few interrupted minutes to go through this list. Write down your answers and go with your first instinct. Remember this is for your eyes only, so be courageous in your answers. Be honest with yourself in this. Truly examining who you are and what drives you is imperative!
1. What gets you giddy? Just the thought of it makes you excited?
2. What causes do you strongly believe in?
3. What are your talents? How could they be used in your home, family, friends, career?
4. If you had 3 minutes to tell a group of people what is most important in life, what would you say?
5. What are your deepest values?
6. What would you most regret not doing, having or fulfilling?
7. What brings you joy?
8. What do people generally ask for your help in?
9. What activities make you lose track of time?
10. What are your favorite things to do now and in the past?
11. What makes you feel wonderful about yourself?
12. Who inspires you the most?
13. What are you gifted at (naturally good at)?
14. What do you love, love, love to do?
15. When you’re 80 years old, what do you want to have accomplished?
16. When people comment, “You’re really good at that!” what is it they’re talking about?
Remember, no dream is too big! “Without vision the people perish.” Think about it this way…10 years from now will be here before we know it. Where do you want to be then? What do you want to do? Today is the day to begin achieving your passion!